HamletHub is happy to announce that in the spirit of giving local, Larry Debany, owner of Ridgefield's 850 Degrees and Fifty Coins, will give 10% of the proceeds of HamletHub's Happy Hour (this Tuesday evening) to The Women's Center.
So, not only will you enjoy a fun evening out(side) on 850's cobblestone patio in the company of friends, HamletHub editors and contributors, but you will supporting a local charity.
Head to 850 Degrees on Tuesday, July 8 at 6pm and toast the summer with us!
850 Degrees is located at 424R Main Street in the heart of Ridgefield.
Be in the know and join the HamletHub Meetup Group here. We gather monthly in local 'hot spots' for drinks, food, and camaraderie.
Why is The Women's Center such an important resource to Ridgefield and the surrounding towns? Here are five good reasons:
- The Women's Center provides FREE programs for all ages -- from pre-school to senior citizens. Primary prevention & education programs are provided in schools, colleges, businesses, social & civic groups, and faith-based organizations. Programs include: Healthy Relationships, Anti-bullying, Staying Safe on College Campuses, Gender Images in the Media and more.
- 24/7 hotlines for domestic and sexual violence issues staffed by certified counselors.
- Our counselors provide on-site support for victims at area emergency rooms, police stations and Danbury Superior Court.
- We have a 13-bed shelter, Elizabeth House, at a confidential location to house women and children fleeing violence in their own home (men are sheltered at a separate location).
- We serve more than 26,000 women, men and children annually with individual counseling, group counseling, prevention education, crisis intervention and support services with regard to domestic violence, sexual assault and other major life crises.