New York State will conduct a radiological emergency preparedness exercise on Thursday, November 2, 2017 for the Indian Point Energy Center (IPEC) in Buchanan, NY. During the exercise, the State will test the emergency response plans of Orange, Putnam, Rockland, and Westchester counties, as well as its own plans and those of Indian Point’s licensee, Entergy.
Public safety officials from New York State and the counties surrounding Indian Point encourage you to visit the websites listed below for information about IPEC and plans developed to protect the public in the event of an emergency at the plant.
- New York State Office of Emergency Management Joint Information Center ("http://www.nyalert.gov/IP_Home.aspx")
- Westchester County ("http://keepingsafe.westchestergov.com/indian-point")
- Rockland County ("http://rocklandgov.com/departments/fire-and-emergency/indian-point")
- Orange County ("http://www.orangecountygov.com/content/1162/975/2095/2091/5401/default.aspx")
- Putnam County ("http://www.putnamcountyny.com/pcbes/oem/")
- Entergy ("http://www.safesecurevital.com/")