Shoes for Redding Kids in Need/Cookout and Shoe Swap on Friday, August 18 from 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm at Redding Community Center, 37 Lonetown Road
Join us for a summer opportunity to help and have fun doing it!
- DONATE SHOES for our swap
- BUY SHOES for your own kids for $1
- PROVIDE SHOES for kids in need
- RAISE MONEY for NEW back-to-school shoes for kids in Redding
Each year the Social Services Department in Redding CT helps some local families buy new shoes for school with funds that are donated to the department. This year the Torch Club of the Boys & Girls Club of Redding-Easton offered to raise the funds needed for this program and invites everyone to help in a fun and festive way. The Torch Club members are all grades 6th through 8th from the towns of Redding and Easton.
Join us for fun family-friendly cookout and kids shoe swap with music, food, fun, and dessert.
DONATE kids' shoes at the Boys & Girls Club (170 Cross Highway Redding) in the picnic table area under the Pavilion now through 8/18 or bring them with you to the event at the Redding Community Center.
We are accepting the following kinds of Kid shoes in NEW or GOOD CONDITION:
All shoes will be sold for $1 during our event and unsold shoes will be donated to families in need in the regional area.
- $5 ($7 at the door)
Dinner includes all beef hot dog, chips, and drink.
- Sensible Shoe Sponsor $15 (includes 4 dinner tickets)
- Penny Loafer Sponsor $30 (includes 4 dinner tickets and name printed on sponsorship banner)
- High Top Sponsor $75 (includes 6 dinner tickets, name prominently featured on sponsorship banner and special mention at the Event)
- Event Sponsor $100 (includes name at top of sponsorship banner, 8 dinner tickets, special mention at the event, and your name will be featured in online promotions of the event)
- Presenting Sponsor $500 (the name of the event will be changed to include your business as the event presenter).
The Torch Club is a Character and Leadership Club made up of civic minded 6th-8th-grade children from Redding and Easton. The goal of Torch club is to teach members to learn to enrich their lives and the lives of others through service, leadership and by demonstrating good character.
Torch Club pledge
- I will lead by example and be a positive role model for others.
- I will be responsible for what I say and do to others.
- I will display good sportsmanship and play by the rules.
- I will respect the Club, staff, and fellow members.
- I will strive to do my very best at all times.
For more information please click here to view this event on Eventbrite