Published on Saturday, 03 September 2011 20:01
Written by Kerry Anne Ducey
- As of 6:00pm on Saturday, September 3, 85% of town has power and CL&P has brought Ridgefield, although hit hardest in our area, in line with other towns in regard to power restoration. Mr. Marconi hopes that by 5pm on Monday, September 5, 99.9% of power will be restored.
- The boil water advisory for Rural Water customers has been lifted.
- The transfer station is open tomorrow, Sunday, from 12-4pm and all brush disposal is free of charge. There is a fee for garbage dumping.
- Power has been restored to all schools and the first day will remain September 6 & free lunch will be offered.
- If a power line is down on your property, please call: 800-286-2000 to report.
- If all of your neighbors have power, but you are still out, call: 203-431-2351 or 2352 to report it.
- CL&P has agreed to fix an electrical box repairs where the box hooks up to your home.
- The Rec Center is no longer an overnight shelter but will remain open until 10pm with water & charging stations.
- As your power returns, you may get smoke coming from your chimney. This is normal and there is no need to worry unless your home fills with smoke; in which case you should call the fire department or 911.