Ridgefield Republican Caucus
The Republican Town Committee unanimously endorsed a slate of 18 candidates at their caucus on Thursday evening. The candidates may now begin to campaign for the election in November and some candidates will be available to meet and greet Ridgefielders at Saturday's Summerfest.
Former Norwalk Mayor Richard “Dick” Moccia who serves on the Ridgefield Parking Authority and Ridgefield Republican Town Committee was nominated and endorsed to serve on the Board of Finance, along with Marty Heiser, host of The Marty Heiser Show and owner of Service Unlimited and Michael Raduazzo, Global IT Lead for AIG.
Bob Cascella, former first selectman of Newtown, was endorsed for a 2-year term for Planning & Zoning. Rebecca Mucchetti, George Hanlon and Stephen Cole were endorsed for a 4-year terms for the Planning & Zoning Commission.
The following Ridgefield Republicans were also endorsed for the November elections:
- Board of Ed (4 year): Kaitlyn Hayes, David Cordisco, Scott Preston
- Board of Ed (2 year): Sharon D’Orso
- Board of Assessment Appeal (4 year): Robert Jewell
- Zoning Board of Appeals (5 year through 2023): Dave Choplinski
- Zoning Board of Appeals (5 year through 2022): Carson Fincham
- Zoning Board of Appeals Alternate: John McNicholas
- Police Commission (4 year): Marcie Coffin, Tom Reynolds, Joe Savino
The Ridgefield Republicans invite residents to the Ridgefield Chamber of Commerce's Summerfest on Saturday, July 22, 2017 from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. at Ballard Park. There will have games for the kids and candidates will be available to chat with visitors.