On the heels of a light snowfall event this morning, another coastal low will bring the potential for another round of accumulating snow on Saturday, January 7.
- Winter Storm Watch in Effect Saturday for New London county in southeast Connecticut and Eastern Suffolk county on Long Island.
- Potential for 4-7 inches of snow across the watch area.
- Potential for 1-4 inches of snow across the remainder of the forecast area. The higher amounts will be to the east of the Hudson River.
- Snow will develop mid to late Saturday morning, with the steadiest snow in the afternoon. Snow will end from west to east in the evening.
- While models have trended toward a track closer to the coast, there still remains uncertainty in the forecast. A continued trend closer to the coast in subsequent guidance, would point toward a significant snowfall event across much of the forecast area. A track farther east will support less snowfall.
- This will be an all snow event with temperatures in the 20s.
Please see the map for the most likely snowfall forecast