Winter Weather Advisory is now in Effect for all of NYC and Southern Westchester Counties in NY, and Fairfield County in CTA coastal low will bring accumulating snows today. Snow will develop from south to north this morning, becoming heavy at times across Long Island and SE CT late this morning and afternoon. Snow will end from west to east this evening.
- A Winter Storm Warning is now in effect for New Haven, Middlesex, and New London Counties in southern Connecticut and Nassau and Suffolk counties on Long Island.
- 4-8 inches of snow are likely across western portions of the warning area...with 7 to 11 inches likely across Eastern LI and Far SE CT.
- A Winter Weather Advisory is now in Effect for all of NYC and Southern Westchester Counties in NY, and Fairfield County in CT
- 2-4 inches of snow are likely along the Hudson River...including the NYC metro area. Lesser amounts are expected to the west of the Hudson River.
- Estimated maximum snowfall rates: During the late morning and afternoon.
- 1/2" to 1" per hr for NYC metro and SW CT.
- 1" to possibly 2" per hr for Eastern LI and SE CT.
- Temperatures: Lower to mid 20s. This will result in a dry and powdery snow.
- Winds: NW winds increasing to 10 to 20 mph with gusts to 25 mph this afternoon into evening. This will result in some blowing and drifting of snow across open areas of Eastern LI and SE CT this afternoon and evening.
Please see map #1: most likely snowfall amounts and map #2: potential amounts of snow possible.