BULK WASTE PICK UP PROGRAM (BY APPOINTMENT ONLY)
MAY 12, 2014 - OCTOBER 3, 2014
BULK WASTE PICK GUIDELINES
1. Residents must make an appointment to have their bulk items picked up prior to placing those items curbside. Appointments can be made May 12, 2014 through October 3, 2014 by calling the Stratford Department of Public Works at 203-385-4080 from 7:00 am to 3:00 p.m.
2. Each household may make one appointment per year for the collection period of May 12, 2014 to October 3, 2014.
3. If all appointment slots have been filled prior to the last date of pick-up we will no longer accept appointments.
4. Residents must place all bulk items curbside in an organized fashion by 7a.m. on the scheduled pick-up date of appointment.
5. Acceptable bulk collection items include:
- Furniture, Mattresses and Box Springs, Carpeting, Fencing
- Appliances – (remove doors from refrigerators and freezers)
- Large Metal Items (8' max), All metal items must be separated from other materials.
6. Unacceptable items include:
- Household garbage/trash (small items that would normally fit into your weekly trash) Cardboard, Brush, Leaves or Branches
- Hazardous materials or paint, Recyclable materials, Tires, Stumps,Vehicles, Oil Tanks, Demolition materials (asphalt shingles, sheetrock, concrete, tile, brick or any other masonry debris)
These above items will NOT be collected. Residents will be responsible for removing any unacceptable items from curbside and may be subject to fines imposed by the Health Department for failure to comply.
As an alternative to bulk waste pick-up, Town residents may bring items to the Town Transfer Station on Watson Boulevard from 7am to 3pm, Monday through Friday and from 8am to Noon on Saturdays.