Electricians Recruit Apprentice
Applications can be obtained by sending a registered letter to: WFJEATC, P. O. Box 408, White Plains, NY 10602. The registered letter must contain the applicant’s name and address including zip code (please print). The request letters will be accepted for 10 business days or until 1,000 registered letters have been received, whichever occurs first. Please do not include any documents or money with your registered letter. It is the responsibility of the applicant to retain the post office receipt for the registered letter. Requests for applications will be accepted by REGISTERED MAIL ONLY. Requests for applications received by any other means, including any other mail classifications, will not be accepted. Registered letters requesting an application must not be postmarked earlier than August 21, 2017, but no later than September 1, 2017. All registered letters postmarked August 21, 2017 will be honored with an application even if the number of letters received exceeds the 1,000 limit.
If you receive an application, there is a non-refundable application fee of $25. Please note, you may request that this fee be waived. Fee waivers will be approved upon showing verifiable proof of financial need. Completed applications must be mailed to WFJEATC, 200 Bloomingdale Road, White Plains, NY 10605 and postmarked no later than October 13, 2017.
The WFJEATC requires that applicants:
- Must be at least 18 years old as of September 1, 2017.
- Must have a state-accredited high school diploma or a high school equivalency diploma (such as GED or TASC), including successful completion of one year of algebra or one year of High School Regents math. An official transcript will be required upon application.
- Must be physically able to perform the work required as determined by a complete physical examination by a physician, at the committee’s expense, after selection and prior to indenture.
- Must be a resident, of at least two years, within the Greater New York Metropolitan area (within a 60-mile radius of White Plains, NY).
- Must have access to reliable transportation to and from various job sites and related instruction classes.
- Must have a valid driver’s license. Apprentices may be required to operate company vehicles.
- Must take and pass the electrical trades aptitude test.
For further information, applicants should contact their nearest New York State Department of Labor office or Local Union #3 at (914) 946-0472.
Apprentice programs registered with the Department of Labor must meet standards established by the Commissioner. Under state law, sponsors of programs cannot discriminate against applicants because of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, disability, or marital status. Women and minorities are encouraged to submit applications for apprenticeship programs. Sponsors of programs are required to adopt affirmative action plans for the recruitment of women and minorities.