Why Small Businesses Matter Reimagined
Small businesses matter - now more than ever. They are answering the call with innovation and determination like never before.
We hope you join us in supporting them by sharing their story far and wide and shopping local! We are thankful to Fairfield County Bank for their continued support and making this series possible.
Step inside Kratos Gymnastics & Cheer
Four questions with Ashley Anton from Kratos Gymnastics & Cheer.
What do you want the community to know? Are there ways for the community to help you and other local businesses to prosper?
We want our community to know we are here to provide a safe, positive, environment for students of all abilities to learn gymnastics, stay fit, become more flexible, or improve their tumbling skills. Our gym is owned and instructed by the husband and wife team, Mihael & Ashley who have profound experience in gymnastics. Mihael was a member of the Romanian Men's National Olympic Team, was a member of Cirque du Soleil, and formerly coached the 2012 Olympic Bronze Medalist Diana Bulimar. Ashley competed up to level 10, is a USA Gymnastics certified judge, and is a renowned coach and choreographer. Our community can help us by trying out our program and inviting friends if they enjoy what we have to offer! We would love to reach more children in our local community but aim to do this genuinely by "word of mouth".
Are you offering any new products or ways for customers to purchase your products or services that are popular during this crisis?
During the crisis, we began running programs virtually including a full training camp for our competitive team. In-person we will run classes in very small groups which is something we have always done! In addition to this, we offer private training for those who prefer not to train in a group and we will also continue to offer virtual training for students who prefer to remain active at home.
Are there certain individuals or organizations that supported you and your business through this trying time?
We thank our supportive "gym families" for helping us through this trying time. We also have had the pleasure and blessing of working with professionals Alison Arnold of Head Games World, Dima of Shine Fitness Las Vegas throughout our virtual camp. The following 19 companies were generous enough to donate weekly giveaways to our virtual campers -Plum Practicewear, Drybands, Perfect Balance Gym Books, Zeek Bars, Glam Racks Oversplit Bars, Be Flippin Fierce, Girls Rock Cosmetics, Rebel Mark Cosmetics, Gomee Girl, Flexi Foot, Salute Leotards, Mancino Mats, Moreau Leotards, Luv Ur Skin, Prosource Fit, Teleties, Foxy's Leotards, Petite 'n Pretty, and Norbert's Athletic.
Please share the ways your business is adapting to keep your customers and employees safe in addition to the standard guidelines
We have always taken pride in providing our customers with an immaculately clean facility, have always encouraged our students to have great hygiene, and to stay home when they are sick, so we will continue to do the same. Our facility will open in phases beginning with our team members and private training customers on June 22. On July 6th opened to recreational classes age 4+.
1) We have spread out our schedule to separate team students and recreational students completely
2) We have lengthened the time between classes to 30 minutes for disinfecting
3) Coaches will be wearing masks and limiting direct physical contact with students
4) Our parent viewing area will be open on a rotating schedule with social distancing & masks required
5) We have installed touch-free bathroom appliances & hand-sanitizing stations
6) Our entire facility will be marked to show students and parents where it is safe for them to stay socially distanced
7) The temperature will be taken through infrared prior to entering the facility
8) The facility will be open on a "by appointment basis" only. Only students actively signed up for a class can enter (no walk-ins)
9) Registration is done in the safety of your own home online
10) Our class sizes are smaller than the recommended and students can choose from either weekly or monthly group training
11) We will continue to innovate and adapt our facility to provide the safest environment possible
Kratos Gymnastics & Cheer is located at 13 Francis J Clarke Circle Unit D. in Bethel. Visit Kratos Gymnastics & Cheer online here.
Kratos Gymnastics & Cheer nominates Westside Deli & Cafe
HamletHub thanks Fairfield County Bank for making our Why Small Businesses Matter series possible!