At Thursday night’s Board of Education meeting, I presented a recommended budget to the Board of Education (2022-2023 Superintendent’s Proposed Budget Presentation).
The proposed 3.95% increase focuses on only maintaining all of our top quality curricular and extracurricular programs. The budget also addresses our increased enrollment and growing special education needs. The presentation outlines plans to address the impacts and recovery efforts of the COVID-19 pandemic, while continuing to make progress towards the goals of our Strategic Plan.
Development of the 2022- 2023 budget reflects our commitment to that purpose of continuing to provide excellence and preparing our students for the global workforce. The full presentation can be viewed on our BEtv Channel. In addition, all budget documents will be housed on our district dashboard, under the section financial dashboard.
The District and Board of Education want to make sure you are informed and have a chance to be involved in the budget process. Below are the mechanisms for public participation.
Budget Workshop Dates and Anticipated Topics:
▪ Tuesday, January 25, 2022 (Budget Workshop) - Schools/Athletics
▪ Thursday, January 27, 2022 (Budget Workshop) - IT, Curriculum, SPED
▪ Tuesday, February 1, 2022 (Budget Workshop) - Facilities
▪ Thursday, February 3, 2022 (Budget Workshop/Approval)
▪ Tuesday, February 8, 2022 (Budget Workshop – Alt. Date if needed)
▪ Thursday, February 10, 2022 BOE Budget Presentation to Board of Selectmen/Board of Finance Presentation (Tentative)
All Board of Education meetings/workshops are held at the Clifford J. Hurgin Municipal Center, 1 School Street Board of Education Conf. Room E at 7:00 PM (unless otherwise posted). Mask ARE REQUIRED & Social Distancing must be followed