SUPPORT CONNECTION, INC. is a not-for-profit organization that provides emotional, social and educational support to women, their families and friends affected by breast and ovarian cancer. Although our office is in Yorktown Heights, NY, they help people all over the country via their toll-free services.
Below are some of the ways Support Connection helped people who've been impacted by breast or ovarian cancer in 2019. They couldn't do it without you!
- Support Connection offered critically needed help, information and assistance to 602 people affected by breast and ovarian cancer. More than half of these people (61%) contacted our Peer Counselors on multiple occasions.
- Provided 1,091 sessions of individual counseling, offering in-depth, personalized peer-to-peer support to cancer survivors, family members, friends.
- Enabled 100 women with breast or ovarian cancer to gain strength and hope from one another by participating in our 12 ongoing support groups, which are scheduled every month all year long.
- Enhanced the well-being of 148 people living with cancer who participated in our year-round calendar of educational programs. We held 152 hours of programming in 2019, including: presentations by health care experts; topic-focused discussion groups; therapeutic activities such as arts & crafts; social activities enabling women to meet other cancer survivors; wellness classes such as Tai Chi.
- Brought relaxation and healing to women living with cancer by hosting our year-round Yoga Classes taught by professional instructors. Forty-four sessions were held, enabling women to learn and gain skills throughout the year.
- Provided vital educational information to 96 women with breast or ovarian cancer through 3 national webinars. Women from 15 different states across the country (plus 1 from Australia) participated.
- Hosted our 16th Annual Celebrate Life Day in recognition of National Cancer Survivors Day in June. More than 100 people - cancer survivors and their guests - gathered for an inspirational morning of music, brunch, and sharing of stories about life after cancer.
All breast and ovarian cancer support services and programs are offered free of charge. Your contributions enable Support Conection to do this, and they are very grateful!
Donations are welcomed at any time throughout the year: