The Small Business Virtual Tax Workshop helps small business owners understand and meet their tax obligations. It’s free and available online 24/7.
The workshop provides information for both new and experienced small business owners. Video lessons, which people can watch in any order, include:
- Federal taxes and your new business.
- Schedule C and other small business taxes.
- Filing and paying taxes electronically.
- Business use of your home.
- Federal taxes when hiring employees or independent contractors.
- Managing payroll to withhold the correct amount of taxes.
- Tax deposits and filing a return to report payroll taxes.
- Hiring people who live in the U.S. who aren’t citizens.
Each lesson contains direct links to more specific topics within that lesson, like chapters in a book. Viewers can choose the lessons that apply to their small business. They can also pause and bookmark lessons so they can review information later.
Transcripts and closed caption options are available.
Watch the workshop at IRS.gov.
Share this tip on social media -- #IRSTaxTip: Free recorded workshop helps small business owners understand their tax obligations. https://go.usa.gov/xHx9Q