Tired of making New Year’s Resolutions? Why not make a memory jar?
The idea is to fill a jar with a note about any of those little things that make life special, funny, sad, inspiring, etc.
- Get a jar with a top – like a big mason jar or one of those big plastic jugs from a warehouse club.
- Decorate it.
- Keep a pad of fun colored notepaper or sticky notes and a pen nearby.
- Everyone can chip in – even houseguests – and place a memory in the jar.
- Then on New Year’s Eve or Day 2018, pull out the jar and read all the memories that made 2017 great!
Looking for ideas to put into the jar:
- Funny thing someone said
- New recipe you tried
- Something nice someone did for you
- Something that made you sad
- Great Meal, movie, event, show, etc.
- Something you are grateful for
- Inspirational quote from a friend
- Special trip
- Any little thing that made your day
No Peeking Until The New Year.