Since the advent of the internet, physical phone books are used less and less frequently. According to YellowPagesOptOut.com, paper usage has decreased 70 percent since 2007, driven by changes in directory sizes, more efficient manufacturing, reduction in residential white pages and YellowPagesOptOut.com.
YellowPagesOptOut.com was developed in partnership between the Local Search Association (LSA) and the Association of Directory Publishers. It provides an easy and secure way for residents to control the number of Yellow Pages telephone directories they receive or to stop directory delivery entirely.
How do I stop delivery of directories?
- Access the site at www.yellowpagesoptout.com.
- Register providing all required information including a valid phone number.
- You will receive an email containing a temporary password and link to the site.
- Use the link to return to the site and make directory choices or opt-out of all directories. You can stop delivery by choosing “0” or increase delivery up to “3” directories in some cases.
- Submit your selections.
- Receive a confirmation email for your records.