Successful leaders are readers. And they don’t read just anything, and most of them don’t read to be entertained. They make it a habit of reading something educational or self-improvement books. According to Inc. magazine, Warren Buffet reads a minimum of 500 pages a day; Bill Gates reads 50 books a year (that’s a book a week). Business Insider reports that Oprah Winfrey practices the “5 Hour Rule”, spend one hour a day, 5 days per week on learning. She focuses on reading.
5 ways to make reading your daily habit:
- Read at lunch in place of going out to eat or start a book club at your office.
- Bring a book with you to an appointment outside the office–read while you are waiting (Keep a book or your tablet in the car).
- Set a timer for reading time. Start with 15 or 30 minutes and work up to an hour.
- Listen to books in the car, train or anytime you are traveling.
- Read before bed. Great opportunity to relax while learning
For more information visit leadershipchicks.com