Apple Pie Baking Contest; Sunday, July 30; Bake an Apple Pie to be judged at the Putnam County Fest and 4-H Youth Showcase. Entries are judged in two division: Junior ~ Age 7-16 / Adult ~ Age 17 and older
Sunday, July 30
Program Fee: $5 per pie (Non-Refundable)
Location: Veterans Memorial Park, 201, Gipsy Trail Road, Carmel, NY
---------- Contest Information ----------
Bake an Apple Pie to be judged Putnam County Country Fest & 4-H Showcase – open to ALL!
Entries are judged in two divisions: Junior - Age 7-16 and Adult - Age 17 and older
- Entry in the pie baking contest is $5.00!
- Online pre-registration is required.
- Pie must be prepared & baked by the individual submitting the pie entry for judging.
- Amateur bakers only - no professional bakers may enter this competition.(A professional baker is defined as someone who works for a bakery, works for or owns a catering company, or sells pies).
- Only Double Crust Apple Pies will be accepted -- no Crumbles, Crisps or Bettys allowed.
- Crusts and filling must be made from scratch. No store-bought crust, dough, or canned fillings may be used. Each pie must have a bottom crust and a top crust.
- No other fruits may be added (added juices are OK).
- Please bake in a disposable pie tin or plate. The return of plates cannot be guaranteed.
- Please do not write your name on the pie tin. Your entry will be assigned a number at registration.
- The finished pie cannot contain raw/uncooked eggs (white or yokes).
- An ingredient list, including apple variety used, MUST be attached to your baked pie.
- Apple pies should be checked in between 10-11:00 am in the CCE Expo Barn.
- Late entries will be turned away.