TOWN OF SOUTHEAST ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS
Monday, March 20, 2023 Town Hall
1360 Route 22,
Brewster, NY 10509
The Regular Meeting begins at 8 pm If there is a Work Session scheduled, it begins at 7:30 pm
1. Neil & Mary Ann Hvolbeck 10 Clematis Road, Tax Map ID 56.14-2-58 Public Hearing to review an application for a proposed addition to a single-family dwelling in the R-20 Zoning District requiring the following Area Variances: 1. North Rear setback: 4.5 ft. where 30.5 ft. is proposed and 35 ft. is required; 2. East Side setback: 5.2 ft. where 14.8 ft. is proposed and 20 ft. is required; 3. Total Side setback: 4.4 ft. where 45.6 ft. is proposed and 50 ft. is required.
2. WDesigne 3867 Danbury Road, Tax Map ID 69.13-1-23 Continued Public Hearing to review an application for an Amended Site Plan in the SR-6 Zoning District as referred by the Planning Board for an Interpretation as to whether a variance is required from Section 138-63.8.B(1)(c) and 138-63.8.B(1)(c) of the Town Code to use non-combustible black mesh within the chain link fencing for dust control around the collection system, and the related variance if it is required by this Interpretation.
3. Guy & Marlisa DiPietro 140 Salmons Hollow Road, Tax Map ID 47.-2-1 Public Hearing to review an application for a proposed shed on a property in the R-60 Zoning District requiring a south side yard setback variance of 10 ft. where 10 ft. is proposed and 20 ft. is required.
4. Partners Management, LLC 988 Route 22, Tax Map ID 68.5-2.-26 Public Hearing to review an application for a proposed monument sign and proposed banner sign as part of a MultiTenant Sign program requiring the following variances: 1. Monument Sign: a. Per Section 138-75D.2(d) of the Town Code, premises are not permitted both wall signage and a freestanding sign; b. Proposed sign does not meet required 15 ft. front property line setback; c. Proposed sign appears to encroach into the State Highway Right of Way. 2. Banner Sign: a. Per variance granted 12/2013, the property exchanged the right to have a sign located on the Argonne Road side for the sign at the rear of the building facing I-84; b. Proposed sign requires a 6 ft. sign height variance as it does not comply with Section 138-75D.2(c) of the Town Code as the sign height exceeds the 3 ft. maximum sign height of 3 ft. by 6 ft.; c. Proposed sign requires a 7 ft. total height variance as it does not comply with Section 138-75D.3(b)(4) where the allowable height is 12 ft. by 7 ft. where the proposed height is 19 ft.
5. Omar Roberts 10 Nancy Road, Tax Map ID 56.18-2-72 Public Hearing to review an application for a proposed addition to a single-family dwelling in the R-20 Zoning District requiring a west front setback variance of 9 ft. where 26 ft. is proposed and 35 ft. is required.
6. JJ&P Property Holding LLC (Sunoco Station) 1224 Route 22, Tax Map ID 57.-2-42 Public Hearing to review an application for a freestanding sign requiring a front setback variance of 3.4 ft. (in addition to the existing 10 ft. front setback variance previously granted on 12/17/2018) where 1.6 ft. is existing and 15 ft. is required.
7. Approve Meeting Minutes from February 22, 2023 DRAFT 3/6/23 Agenda Subject to Change