In a note to the school community, Brookfield Public School Nurses are reporting an increase in cases of respiratory illnesses (Influenza, COVID, RSV, common cold) and gastrointestinal viruses (vomiting, diarrhea) circulating in our community and in our schools.
Please read the important safety reminders below and please let your school nurse know if your child was diagnosed with Influenza (flu), COVID, Strep throat or RSV.
- If your child has a fever, STAY HOME! Your child may return to school when they are 24 hours fever free without using fever reducing medicine
- Remain home until vomiting and diarrhea free for 24 hours
- If your child is sick—STAY HOME!
- Contact your child’s health care provider for guidance
- Wash hands frequently
- Stay Hydrated
- Cover your cough
- When Can I Return to School
- COVID TEST KITS: If you need a COVID test kit, ask your school nurse. Your school nurse can provide you with a COVID test kit.
Call your Brookfield School Nurses (see numbers and names below):
Beth O’Connor, RN CES #203-775-7660
Ashley Nusser, RN HHES #203-775-7685
Allyson Pruesse, RN HHES #203-740-3146
Besa Kelley, RN WMS #203-775-7372
Anna LaForgia, RN WMS #203-775-7722
Cassie Skarbodonis, RN BHS #203-775-7788
Mary Perrone, RN BHS #203-775-7789