Have you ever thought about a career in law enforcement? Now is the time!
The announcement deadline for our Law Enforcement Examination Program has been extended through 11:59pm on August 10, 2022.
This examination fills police positions within the Department of Environmental Conservation, Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation, and State University of New York (SUNY) campuses, and will also be used to fill Municipal Police Officer/Deputy Sheriff at various municipalities
With one examination fee, application, and test, you will have almost limitless opportunities to protect our environment with the Environmental Conservation Police, bike through New York's State parks with our Park Police, or patrol our beautiful State campuses as a University Police Officer.
Accepting applications now through 11:59pm on August 10, 2022.
Carefully read the Examination Announcement for information about minimum qualifications for each title filled through this examination program and the test plan. You may apply to as many titles as you qualify for.
The Law Enforcement Examination Program is used to fill the following police titles. Click on the links below for additional requirements for appointment.
- Environmental Conservation Police Officer Trainee 1, Environmental Conservation Police Officer Trainee 1 (Chinese Language), Environmental Conservation Police Officer Trainee 1 (Spanish Language): Environmental Conservation Police Officers work within an assigned geographic area of the Department of Environmental Conservation and enforce provisions of the Environmental Conservation Law to protect, preserve and improve the quality of the State's natural environment.
- Forest Ranger 1: Forest Rangers work within an assigned geographic area of the Department of Environmental Conservation and enforce provisions of the Environmental Conservation Law to protect and enhance the State's lands and natural resources and the well-being of the public who use these resources.
- Park Police Officer Trainee and Park Police Officer Trainee (Spanish Language): Park Police Officers enforce all New York State and local laws and agency rules and regulations at recreation and historic sites operated by the Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation.
- University Police Officer 1 and University Police Officer 1 (Spanish Language): University Police Officers enforce all New York State and local laws and the Student Code of Conduct on the grounds of the State University of New York.
- Municipal Police Officer/Deputy Sheriff: Positions are available in various municipalities throughout the State. Appointments to positions in municipal police departments will be made from this eligible list if certified to a municipal civil service agency at their request, upon the exhaustion of their local eligible list. Please note that local examinations for positions in police departments and sheriff's offices are also being held on the same date. A list of all local examinations is available here. If you are interested in any of these examinations, please apply through the local civil service agency listed.
How To Apply
One non-refundable processing fee is required per application submission. You must select the individual examination(s) you are interested in during the application process. If you submit one online application for less than all of the examinations listed, and subsequently apply for additional examinations in this series, another non-refundable processing fee will be required.