During the holiday season, between Thanksgiving and New Year's Day, Americans will generate 25 percent more trash than any other time of the year (U.S. EPA, 2016). Remember to spread the joy, not trash this holiday season!
Holiday Gift Guide
- Experiences over objects: Plan a weekend getaway to hit the slopes (skiing or snowboarding), go hiking, cross country skiing or snowshoeing. Enjoy a cooking, art or fitness class with a friend or family member, visit a museum, or see a musical or theater production together. ILoveNY can help plan your trip!
- Reusables on the Go: Give a gift that never stops giving by gifting a reusable on the go kit filled with a reusable mug, water bottle, plate, silverware, to go container, shopping bag, bulk fruit and vegetable mesh bags, etc.
- Give back to the community: Donate to a non-profit organization in the name of a loved one or donate your time together helping out a local organization.
- Instill a love of nature: Purchase an Empire Pass or Campground Gift Card to experience NYS parks and campgrounds with family and friends.
- Make your own gifts: Spend the time creating, baking or crafting your gifts. Make edible gifts to share like breads, cookies, fruit & nut mixes, jams, jellies and herbed vinegars or olive oils. Knit a scarf, crochet a hat or mittens, paint a watercolor, embroider or woodburn a design, carve a spoon or design your own jewelry.