On Saturday, May 22, Putnam CAP will be hosting an event that showcases some of the treasures to be found in our county and benefits an organization that works to combat poverty on a local level. Participants will begin their journey at the Tilly Foster County farm and travel around Putnam in their own vehicles following a prescribed route that takes them to various sites of interest. During their travels they will also be engaged in activities such as drawing, poetry and photography, all of which are a part of the day’s event which ultimately concludes with an outdoor dinner and silent auction. Every activity is designed to adhere to safe social distancing practices
This year has opened the eyes of so many people to the struggles of poverty. Help us to be a part of the solution by joining us for Farm to Table, a ride to combat poverty.
Your donation will directly support the continued operation of vital Putnam CAP services such as our food pantry, soup kitchen, emergency financial assistance, summer youth employment program, advocacy, school supplies, Thanksgiving baskets and December holiday toys
Call 1-845-1278.8091 or www.putnamcap.org
PUTNAM COMMUNITY ACTION PARTNERSHIP
FARM TO TABLE
A RIDE TO COMBAT POVERTY on MAY 22nd
- Start the day at Putnam County's pride and joy. Arrive at Tilly Foster Farm and pick up your event packet for the day's activities. Soak up the beauty of acres of picturesque farm land that's truly an example of the Farm to Table trend, where livestock graze, a culinary arts program is housed and Tilly's Table delights the palate of their patrons.
- Bring your binoculars and your sneakers as you stroll down to the boardwalk at the Great Swamp, There you'll speak with the FROGS (Friends of the Great Swamp) and learn how they work to protect and promote this hidden treasure.
- At the amazing Arts on the Lake (AOTL) you'll test your artistic talents as you draw a picture along the shores of Lake Carmel. Perhaps one of AOTL's upcoming events will pique your interest as you learn more about the arts and entertainment industry here in Putnam.
- Sybil Ludington brings a little bit of history to light on your tour of Putnam. The background of Lake Gleneida is perfect for your photograph and short 'ditty' which you'll send back to us. Get those creative juices flowing and maybe you'll be named best new artist of the day.
- In between all these stops, test your powers of observation and be on the lookout for the unidentified sights detailed in your packet.
- Enjoy a light lunch at the Freight House Cafe located in Mahopac NY. The Freight House sits alongside the Rail Trail, part of the extensive NYS system of trails, formerly the old freight rail lines. Learn a little bit about their evolution and get a glimpse of the great recreational opportunities that Putnam has to offer
- Magazzino Italian Art is a treat for the art aficionado as well as the novice. Visit this beautiful gallery and become entranced with the art, then walk around back and stop in at the 'donkey petting zoo'. There's something for everyone at Magazzino!
- Take a stroll around the grounds of Boscobel, a historic house museum in Garrison, New York, overlooking the Hudson River. Built in the early 19th century by States Dyckman, the view of the river is outstanding and the spring gardens will be a delight to all
- After your travels, enjoy music and a glass of wine with your delicious dinner prepared by the chef from the Clock Tower Grille. Dinner will be served at the final route destination, SPACE on Ryder Farm. Bid on your favorite items at the silent auction and take home a memento of this amazing day!
- After your drive home, rest well knowing that your dollars will be used to alleviate the struggles of low-income families.