The Putnam County Joint Veterans Council (PCJVC) and the Putnam County Veterans Service Agency is proud to announce that the Traveling Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall will be in Putnam County this weekend. The Wall arrived on September 21st and will be set up today, September 22nd.
For a pictorial of the Wall travelling through Putnam County, Click Here.
Putnam County Veterans Memorial Park will be open from September 22nd to the 25th , 24 hours per day for the public to see the Memorial Wall. The event has many volunteer opportunities available. We hope that you can take part in this wonderful event.
- WPCJVC will be reading the names on the Wall 24 hours per day the entire time the Wall is up. We need volunteers to do the reading of names. CLICK HERE TO VOLUNTEER
- Since the Wall is open 24 hours per day we will need people or groups to stay overnight to welcome and help guests.
- We will need people to locate the names on a computer and then escort the visitors to the Wall to take rubbings.
- If you want to place a wreath Arrive at the Wall by 6 PM on 9/22 With your wreath to be placed during the opening ceremony
- If any group would like to have a small ceremony at any time while the Wall is here they may schedule a time.
There will be several other ceremonies scheduled by the PCJVC while the Wall is here.
On the 22nd there will be a soft opening at 12:00 p.m. and an opening ceremony at 7:00 p.m.
On the final day, September 25th, PCJVC will have patriotic concert, then at 1 p.m. the closing ceremony begins. Immediately following, our Annual Gold Star Mothers Ceremony will take place. The wall will then be taken down and and sent to another venue.
Please contact Karl Rhode or Art Hanley to volunteer and for more information 845-808-1620.