White Plains, New York, September 13, 2019… Looking for tips on writing grants for your non-profit organization? Get real world advice from regional grant-makers at “Meet the Funders”, a panel discussion on Wednesday, October 16th. Co-hosted by Grant Professionals of Lower Hudson and the Association of Development Officers, the event takes place from 8:30 am – 10:30 am at 360 Hamilton Avenue in White Plains, first floor auditorium.
Panelists will provide information that will increase the likelihood of grants being funded, including the value of relationship building, how grant making has changed in recent years, what funders look for in an organization and project and what makes one proposal stand out over the competition. Other topics including overcoming grant writing obstacles, tips to sell your story, the best way to build a relationship with a funder as well as things to never do.
- Dr. DaMia Harris-Madden, Executive Director, Westchester County Youth Bureau
- Patti Horvath, Program Manager, Field Hall Foundation
- Kathryn Luria, SVP, Community Affairs, Director of Philanthropy, Webster Bank
- Deena Schaffer, Program Officer, The Taft Foundation
- Marcy Syms, Founding Trustee and President, Sy Syms Foundation
Sponsored by Con Edison, the panel will be moderated by GPLH Program Chair, Alison Paul, of Alison Paul Grantwriting and Consulting. For additional information on the speakers and to register, visithttps://gplh.org/industry-news/7860151 or https://www.adoonline.org/events