If you currently have an Empire Pass, which allows access to numerous NY State parks, you have until December 31st to renew on line and receive a $15 discount on the cost of renewal. This discount applies to renewals ONLY. A first time buyer will pay regular price.
The Empire Pass permits unlimited vehicle access to most facilities operated by the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation and the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (see the enclosed listing). Please review the following rules to assure uninterrupted use of your Empire Pass.
The EMPIRE PASS is valid any day from the date of purchase through December 31st for the year purchased. There is no discount if the pass is purchased in later months.
• The EMPIRE PASS allows entry of any vehicle occupied by the pass holder to most New York State parks, Department of Environmental Conservation forest preserve areas, boat launch sites, arboretums and park preserves. Please refer to the facilities listed in the “Where to Visit” section of this document.
• The EMPIRE PASS does not guarantee free vehicle entry into the park when special events occur and are operated by other organizations.
• The EMPIRE PASS does not include waiver of fees for camping, golf, museum or historic site admission and other special activity fees are not included.
• The EMPIRE PASS is only usable for passenger vehicles. It is not usable for Guidelines for Use The Empire Pass permits unlimited vehicle access to most facilities operated by the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation and the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (see the enclosed listing). Please review the following rules to assure uninterrupted use of your Empire Pass. Your EMPIRE PASS Is Enclosed Guidelines For Use & Where to Visit nysparks.com dec.ny.gov An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Agency 12/16 Printed on recycled paper commercial vehicles including, but not limited to, buses, RVs/motorhomes, taxis or any vehicle with commercial license plates. • The EMPIRE PASS will not be accepted if it has been altered in any way.
• The EMPIRE PASS must be presented upon entry to the facility. Without the pass, you will be required to pay the vehicle entry fee. • The EMPIRE PASS is not refundable. If it is lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed, it is replaceable with a fee. A replacement may be issued in person or by mail and requires the following:
• A completed Empire Pass Replacement Request form.
• The damaged or pieces of the destroyed pass or, if unavailable, verification of the original pass purchase.
• The required fee payable by credit card, check, money order or cash