Small Business Saturday!
Tomorrow, Saturday, November 24 is Small Business Saturday, a day dedicated to supporting small businesses. There are so many reasons to support our merchants. Here are Supervisor Rob Greenstein's top 10 reasons to Shop Local.
1. Vibrant business districts help maintain high residential property values. Research shows that a healthy and vibrant business districts boosts the economic health and quality of life in a community. So, by shopping locally you’re actually benefitting yourself.
2. Vibrant business districts help defray the residential share of the property tax. Much of their taxes goes directly to help fund our great schools.
3. Small businesses contribute more to local causes and community groups. They support school and charitable causes year-round.
4. Small businesses are more invested in the community’s future as many are owned by our neighbors.
5. Small businesses offers personalized customer service and a local touch.
6. Our New Castle small businesses sell unique products and quickly meet the needs of their local customers.
7. Shopping Local keeps money in New Castle. The 3/50 Project asks consumers what 3 businesses they would miss if they closed and to commit to spending a total of $50 a month in one or more of those three establishments. For every $50 spent in locally owned stores, $34 returns to the community through payroll, other expenditures and taxes. If you spend $50 in a national chain, only $22 stays here. If you spend it online, $0 stays here.
8. Shopping Local helps to sustain vibrant and walkable town centers in Millwood and Chappaqua.
9. Shopping Local is an easy way for you to join New Castle’s environmental efforts – save money, save gas, save the environment!.
10. When small businesses succeed, we all do!