On Thursday, July 9, 2020, 7:00 – 8:30 pm, Bruce Presents, the Bruce Museum’s monthly series featuring thought leaders in art and science, hosts a Zoom webinar: Taking It to the Streets: A Conversation with Contemporary Street Artists.
Five panelists, representing a diverse, radically inclusive cross-section of this evolving visual art form, will discuss their work and assess its impact:
- Holly Danger (experiential designer and video artist)
- Ana De Orbegoso (multimedia, including public projections)
- Yedi Fresh (illustration, painting, digital art, mural work)
- Jahmane (graffiti, large-scale murals, canvas, photography, fashion design)
- Epic Uno (graffiti, package design, illustration, corporate identity)
Taking It to the Streets will also spotlight Tatiana Mori, Executive Director of the Greenwich Arts Council, which named Epic Uno and Yedi Fresh, respectively, the first two members of its visionary Artists-in-Residence program. Greenwich-based artist-curator Ben Quesnel will co-moderate the Zoom event, along with Leonard Jacobs, producer of the Bruce Presents series.
Participation in the virtual Bruce Presents on Zoom, for the benefit of the Bruce Museum, is $10 for Museum members, $15 non-members. To reserve a place, visit brucemuseum.org or call 203-869-0376; a link to join the online conversation will be sent to registered attendees one hour prior to the program.