October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month (DVAM) and is an opportunity for individuals in our community to come together and act on ending violence.
Last year, The Center provided 28,098 individuals in the greater Danbury area with Domestic Violence related serviced. This year, The Center for Empowerment and Education will once again be honoring the month hosting a handful of events aimed at bringing the community together. This year’s theme is #Every1KnowsSome1.
Individuals are encouraged to participate in as many events as they please and share their experiences on social media.
Oct. 1st & 2nd – Safe Walk
• One of The Center’s biggest events of the year! Register today to get a limited edition
Oct. 12th 6-7:30 – Self Care Yoga Nidra Workshop
• Clear your mind and find your zen with a complimentary yoga workshop
Oct. 19th 6-9pm – DVAM Bingo at Charter Oak Brewery
• Bring the family for a fun community engagement event
Oct. 20th – Purple Thursday
• Join your community members in touting purple apparel to spread awareness of Domestic
All Month – Local Library Displays
• Visit your local library for DVAM displays & book recommendations
To inquire about DVAM or any of the events hosted by The Center, please reach out to Matt Austin, Director of Community Impact at email@example.com or 203-731-5200 x226. For more information on any of our events or services visit our website HERE.
The Center for Empowerment and Education is the area’s primary resource for individuals experiencing issues related to domestic and sexual violence.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube