All downtown businesses, organizations and groups are invited to participate in our ‘Fall in Love with Downtown’ event!
We will provide the scarecrow frame – you stuff and decorate the scarecrow for display on a downtown lamp post. Your organization’s scarecrow will also be featured in CityCenter’s social media and e-newsletter.
How It Works:
- Fill out registration form HERE or submit the participation form to CityCenter Danbury by Friday, September 23rd.
- Pick-up your scarecrow frame at the CityCenter headquarters, located at 268 Main Street or Call (203) 792-1711 to coordinate pick up.
- Return your decorated scarecrow to the CityCenter no later than Monday, October 3rd. Please call ahead to ensure someone is there to receive it.
- Winners will be announced at the Halloween on the Green event!
Rules & Criteria:
- Scarecrow structures will be provided to all participants, height is 5 feet.
- Decorate scarecrow for display, downtown businesses can use their logo for promotion on the scarecrow, a great team building event for employees!
- Scarecrows must be made to withstand weather conditions. All decorations must be firmly attached in order to stand up to sun, wind, and rain.
- We reserve the right to remove any entry that does not maintain their ability to be displayed.
- Scarecrows should be whimsical/funny/cute, autumnal, colorful/vibrant, historical, creative in their use of materials/earth friendly. Entries should not be scary, gruesome or bloody. Nothing controversial, religious or political.
- All entries must be handmade, constructed of recycled clothing, hats, straw, raffia, etc. The use of real pumpkins, gourds or like items is not allowed. Scarecrows are not allowed to have mechanical or electronic parts.
- CityCenter Danbury and the City of Danbury are not responsible for any loss of or damage to the scarecrows.
- Special requests for Scarecrow location may not be honored but will be considered.
- Entries become property of CityCenter Danbury and will not be returned.
- Grants for material costs are available.
- First prize is $500 cash! There will be five other prizes – each a $100 gift certificate to a downtown establishment.
CityCenter Danbury strives to enhance and promote our downtown businesses. We have accomplished many projects to improve the overall appearance of our tax district – the home of your business.
Previous efforts include: overhead string lighting in alleyways, planter baskets on lamp posts, sculpture pieces, murals, banners, garden improvements, and holiday decorations.
Please join us as we beautify our downtown neighborhood!
For more information and to sign up please click HERE.