There's been a lot of talk in the media about the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017. The only thing everyone can seem to agree on is that it's a big deal. We all need to understand the new tax laws because the changes are far-reaching, subject to interpretation and revisions, and impact, both negatively and positively, nearly every person or business that files taxes, starting in 2019.
Tax deductions you’ve counted on in the past may have gone away or changed, so you’ll need to understand the impact of the new deduction rules. Where you live makes a difference in how you feel the impact of the new rules on state and local taxes. In addition, families and businesses have lots of changes that pertain to them. This workshop aims to offer a clear look at the new tax law and answer the question, "What's in it for me?"
Topics covered in the workshop include:
• How some families can qualify for a $1,400 refund, even if they owe no taxes
• Why 529 savings plans aren't just for college anymore and what that means for you and your children or grandchildren
• Why new estate planning rules could accidentally disinherit your children
• Why small business owners may only be taxed on 80% of their business income
• Why making several years of charitable donations at one time may make sense
• The inflation change in the tax code that could lead to higher taxes in the future
• How the new tax rules may impact your retirement planning strategy
• Why paying off your mortgage may be smarter than ever
• Why reorganizing your business into a new entity might be worth exploring
An evening seminar of the event will be held on Tuesday, August 13th, 2019, at 6pm. A lunch and learn of this event will be held on Thursday, August 15th, 2019, at 12:15 PM. Interested parties interested in attending can learn more and reserve seats by calling (203) 790-4949 or visiting www.rebyadvisors.com/tax-seminar.