It’s a fabulous time to think about listing your home for sale, and many of our clients have started cleaning out their homes to prepare. Most people need to get rid of some furniture before listing to make space for staging. Particularly if you’ll be downsizing, you may not need all of your furniture once you move to a new home, and we wanted to be sure you knew about the ReStore benefiting Habitat for Humanity.
With several locations in Connecticut, ReStore is a home and hardware retail thrift store open to the public selling new and gently used furniture, appliances, and building materials. The ReStore provides an environmentally and socially responsible way to keep good, reusable articles out of the waste stream while providing funding for Habitat’s community improvement work. Sales from the ReStore benefit Habitat for Humanity’s housing programs and their mission to provide decent, affordable homes!
Here is a list of items they accept and sell at the store:
- Appliances (for example refrigerators, stoves/ovens, washers/dryers, small household appliances)
- Kitchen and Bathroom Cabinets
- Furniture (for example sofas, dining sets, dressers, mirrors, bedroom sets)
- Lighting & Plumbing Fixtures
- Building Materials (for example windows and doors, lumber and trim, tiles, flooring)
- Home Décor Items
ReStore picks up donations throughout Fairfield County.
You can also follow the Danbury Store on Instagram @danburyrestore.