Inviting Enrollments for Young Girls and High School Mentors
Ms President US, a trailblazing organization dedicated to empowering young girls through leadership development and civic education, is excited to announce the opening of a dedicated chapter in Danbury, CT, under the leadership of parent and teacher Maria Breece.
“I applaud the critical work that Ms President US is undertaking in southern Connecticut where daily life plays out far from the corridors of the Capitol. Promoting civic education and showing young girls firsthand how our government works, will help to provide the foundation for a life of continued civic participation.” CT Secretary of State, Stephanie Thomas
Girls in 4th-8th grade are invited to enroll in this 8-workshop series which begins October 2nd and meets once a month from 4:15-5:45 pm. The program culminates with a field trip in March to the CT capitol and a campaign and election in April where the girls can run to be Ms President US of their town.
Ms President US believes in the incredible potential of young girls to become confident leaders, changemakers, and civic advocates. With the opening of a dedicated Danbury chapter, the organization aims to further its mission of nurturing the next generation of empowered female leaders who will shape a brighter future for their communities and beyond.
Enrollment for Girls (4th-8th Grade):
Girls residing in Danbury and surrounding communities are warmly invited to join Ms President US and embark on a transformational journey of personal growth, leadership training, and community involvement. Through the program, participants will have the opportunity to:
● Develop public speaking skills that amplify their voices and ideas
● Cultivate self-esteem and confidence to overcome challenges and embrace opportunities
● Meet with local, state, and federal leaders
● Form lifelong friendships with like-minded peers and mentors
● Gain insights from inspiring female role models, leaders, and experts
Scholarships are available for those for whom the registration fee is a barrier to joining.
Applications for High School Mentors:
High school students who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of young girls and their community are encouraged to apply to be mentors with Ms President US. Mentors play a crucial role in guiding and inspiring the participants as they discover their potential and develop leadership skills. As mentors, they will have the chance to:
● Provide support and guidance to their mentees throughout the program
● Share their experiences, knowledge, and skills to encourage personal connection and growth
● Foster a supportive and inclusive environment for girls to thrive
● Collaborate with experienced mentors and community leaders in shaping a brighter future
Enrollment and Application Details:
Enrollment for girls in 4th to 8th grade and applications for high school mentors are now open. To enroll or apply, please visit the Ms President US website at www.mspresidentus.org.