In this episode of "This Week in the City," Danbury Mayor Dean Esposito was joined by Danbury Public Schools Superintendent Kevin Walston and Assistant Superintendent of Schools Dr. Kara Casimiro to discuss the recent Danbury delegation study visit to the Academies of Nashville.
This model will be the future of the Academies of Danbury. The Academies of Danbury will include seven independent academies:
- Emerging Technologies & Entrepreneurship
- Scientific Innovation & Medicine
- Information & Cybersecurity
- Professional & Public Service Art
- Engineering & Design
- Communication & Design
- Grade 9 Explorations and Experiences
The biggest excitement of our trip to Nashville was to see the career pathway curriculum in action. Having a district wide wall to wall career oriented curriculum, will be transformational for our district and students for generations to come.