License your dog! It's easy to do and it's the law!
By Mail: to Town Clerks Office, 2 Renshaw Road, Darien, CT 06820
include: application, current rabies certificate, self-addressed stamped envelope & check
made payable to Town of Darien
In Person: Town Clerks Office Room 101 - application, bring current rabies certificate, payment in cash or
check made payable to town of Darien.
Fee Schedule for new dogs & renewals in June:
Neutered Male $8
Spayed Female $8
Late Fee Schedule - for dog renewals after June
Dog Licensing Facts
- Dog licenses in effect July 1 thru June 30.
- All dogs over 6 months must be licensed.
- Renewals on sale beginning June 1 & must be procured by June 30 of each year.
- Late charge is $1 for each month late.
** Late Fee Schedule **
- A current rabies certificate must be presented to get a license.
- Applications for dogs that have not previously been registered in Darien can be found here.
Click here for rules & regulations for dogs in parks - Sec 42-R29-b.
Click here for Ordinance on Control of Dogs in Public Places