- Monday-Thursday: 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Friday: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sunday: 1 to 5 p.m.
The Children’s Library closes at 8 p.m. Monday-Thursday.
- No time limits for using the Library
- Unlimited holds
- Return items 24/7 through the materials handling system
- 60-minute computer access
- The return of some seating throughout the building
- No appointments needed to visit the Children’s Library
- Notary services resume
- Holds will continue to be picked up from the Community Room
- Outdoor events beginning this June and continued virtual events
Since items may be returned 24 hours a day starting May 17th, we will resume late fines on June 1st.
The following safety measures continue:
- Masking inside the building
- Enhanced cleaning procedures
- Plexiglass at staffed service desks
- Limited seating
- Food and drinks may be enjoyed outside of the building
- Private study rooms are unavailable at this time.
In the coming months, we look forward to bringing back study rooms and indoor events. Keep an eye on our website, email newsletters, and social media (@darienlibrary) for the latest updates.