Coronavirus update provided by Town of Darien Director of Health, David Knauf
Coronavirus is everywhere in the news, but the fact is that we have had limited cases across the US thus far. We are watching all developments closely and will inform you of any changes and what, if any, special measures will need to be taken in the future. In the meantime, please check www.CDC.gov and the Connecticut State Department of Public Health at ct.gov/coronavirus for the most up-to-date information.
You can protect yourselves from coronavirus the same way you protect yourselves from catching the flu. This includes:
• Cover your mouth when you sneeze or cough. Cough or sneeze into your sleeve, not your hand.
• Wash your hands frequently, especially after coughing or sneezing
• Stay home if you are sick
• Keep a distance of approximately six feet from someone you suspect may be ill.
• It is thought the Coronavirus is spread by droplets or aerosols generated by sneezing and coughing so keep public surfaces disinfected and sanitized.
• At this time, the CDC only recommends masks be worn by those who are currently sick.
Here are some useful references:
• Planning on Traveling Abroad? Check here first for any Travel Advisories
• CDC Guidance for Parents with Children in School
• CDC Workplace Guidance for Employees
• CDC Guidance: What You Can Do To Get Your Household Prepared
Questions? Call the Health Office: (203) 656-7320 or visit them online http://www.darienct.gov/health