Governor Andrew M. Cuomo today announced that New Yorkers can, for the first time ever, buy tickets online to attend the Great New York State Fair. The Fair, which is themed "Summer's Best in Show" and runs from August 21 to September 1, has debuted a new online purchasing page on its website that offers tickets at a 40 percent discount over the price at the gate.
"We're making it easier than ever before for visitors to come to Syracuse to discover and enjoy everything that the Great New York State Fair has to offer," Governor Cuomo said. "From great local Taste NY featured food and beverages to our world-class agriculture industry, and everything in between, this year's State Fair is one New Yorkers won't want to miss."â
The secure website sells five products including the single-day ticket, which will be mailed free of charge to buyers:
- A single-day advance sale ticket, for $6. That's a 40 percent savings over the $10 charge for admission at the gate during the Fair.
- A Frequent Fairgoer ticket book, which contains 6 days' worth of tickets, for $30. That's a 50 percent savings over the full general admission price.
- A single-day rides wristband voucher, for $20. The voucher saves $5 over the weekday price and $10 over the weekend price. The wristband allows a fairgoer to ride the all-new Wade Shows Midway rides all day.
- A voucher for the Mega Pass, for $70, which allows a fairgoer to ride Midway rides all day every day of the Fair.
- A daily parking pass for $5.â
This is the first time that the Frequent Fairgoer ticket book and parking passes have been available beyond the State Fair Box Office and the online site joins a massive network of grocery and drug stores, including nearly every Wegmans, Price Chopper, Tops, and Kinney Drug, that last year sold more than 300,000 advance sale tickets. Select stores also sell âone-day ride wristbands.
"We're injecting new energy into the Fair this year," said Acting Fair Director Troy Waffner. "Our new Midway is one of more than two dozen new events and activities this year â an unprecedented amount of growth and change. There's something new around every corner this year. And our hope is that this new system helps entice more people from Buffalo to Plattsburgh to Long Island to come see their Fair."
About the Great New York State Fair
The New York State Fair is operated by the New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets and showcases the best of New York agriculture while providing top-quality entertainment. This year's tagline, "New Attractions, Old Favorites, Timeless Fun," highlights the more than two dozen new events and attractions and the expansion or enhancement of several Fairgoer favorites.â The home of the Great New York State Fair is a 375-acre exhibit and entertainment complex that operates all year. A year-round schedule of events is available on the Fair's website. Find The Great New York State Fair on Facebook, follow @NYSFair on Twitter, and enjoy photos from the Fair at Flickr.com/photos/nysfair. Also, New Yorkers are invited to send their ideas for the Great New York State Fair here!