- Loss of Parent to Cancer
- Financial Need
- Attends High School in Fairfield or Westport, Connecticut or Resides in Westport or Fairfield,
CT and attends school elsewhere
- Character of Applicant
- Academic Goals and Performance
Applicants Must Include the Following to be Considered for Scholarship:
- Completed Application
- Latest School Transcript from High School
- Most Recent Tax return of Applicant’s Parent/Guardian (Social Security Numbers Blacked-Out)
- Letter of Recommendation from Non-Related Adult
- Death Certificate or Pertinent Documentation
- Application Verification and Signed Publicity Release
- Recent Photograph of Applicant
ALL APPLICATIONS AND SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION MUST BE E-MAILED OR
POSTMARKED BY MAY 22, 2020 FOR CONSIDERATION. SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
WILL BE NOTIFIED SHORTLY THEREAFTER OF THEIR SCHOLARSHIP AWARD.
Email application and supporting documentation to:
Westport, CT 06880. Attn: United in Hope Scholarship.
The United in Hope Scholarship is funded by the John Patrick Flanagan Foundation (“JPFF”)
and the Chad A. Jacobs Memorial Foundation (“CAJF”). These foundations were
established in memory of John Flanagan and Chad Jacobs shortly after they lost their lives
to cancer in 2008 and 2010, respectfully. John left behind a wife and three children. Chad
left behind a wife and two children. Losing a parent to cancer is devastating enough, the
financial burden often incurred by this disease and the death of a parent can be
debilitating. It is our goal that the United in Hope Scholarship will help offset the costs of
higher education for students who lost a parent and give families hope for the future.
JPFF’s mission is to help vulnerable children and families by supporting charities that provide the
direction, education and healthy environment that vulnerable children and families need to have
the opportunity to reach their full potential. CAJF’s mission is to provide academic and athletic
scholarships to families in financial need.