Event Chairman Jim Keenan is speculating that Chowdafest 2015, held Sunday, Oct. 11th at Westport's Sherwood Island "was a record breaker but we won't have all the figures in until later this week." At the same time, he noted that all the attendee ballots have been scanned, the voting has been tabulated by BlumShapiro Accountants and the restaurant/chef winners have been announced.
(See the attached graphic here with the results)
- Pike Place Chowder came from Seattle and won best New England clam chowder (got an extra seat for the trophy for their flight home)
- Dunville's won the Traditional category (just for Manhattan and Rhode Island chowders), for the 2nd time, beating Manhattan's Soup Spot at their own game
- Our House Bistro narrowly got the highest rating of any entry and no CT restaurant won for the first time
- Simply Delicious finished 4th last year but takes home the best bisque in the competition, narrowly over Post 154
- This was the closest finish yet in ChowdaFest's 8-year history.
- Sherwood Island State Park proved to be the ideal venue as hoped and the date for next year has been set: 10/2/16