BRIDGEPORT, Conn. – Connecticut’s Beardsley Zoo continues its SPOOK-tacular October with BOO at the Zoo on Sunday, October 27 from noon to 3:00 p.m. This phantom-tastic afternoon will include goodies, story-time, and activities for your little monsters along with harvest hayrides and seasonal enjoyments for the whole family. One child under 12 in costume and accompanied by a paying adult gets in to the Zoo for FREE! Additional children in costume will receive a discounted admission of $6.00.
“Boo at the Zoo is a longstanding Zoo tradition that many families look forward to,” said Gregg Dancho, Zoo director. “It’s a fun afternoon of crafts, cool critters, and, of course, family memories.”
The schedule includes:
- Spooky Stories in the Sensory Garden (in the Victorian Greenhouse if it’s chilly!)
- Cool Cars and Trunk or Treat near the Farmyard’s Big Cow with Fly-Meet
- Learn to Hula-Hoop with Hellokeighty at the Peacock Pavilion
- Spooky Crafts and Candy in the Research Station
- Meet Dr. Bugman and his cool critters in the Victorian Greenhouse
- The Zoo’s 4-H Club presents yummy treats for sale in the W.O.L.F. Cabin
- Fun games for all outside the W.O.L.F. Cabin
- Decorate a mini-pumpkin ($3 each, 2 for $5) at Frog Plaza
- Harvest Hayrides $2 each. Purchase tickets at the Gift Shop
- Vote for your favorite scarecrow in our Parade of Scarecrows
Regular adult admission (ages 12 & older) is $16.00, children (ages 3 -11) is $13.00, senior admission (62 and older) is $12.00, and children under 3 years old are free. Zoo members are also admitted free.
# # #
About Connecticut’s Beardsley Zoo
Let your curiosity run wild! Connecticut's only zoo, celebrating its 97th year, features 300 animals representing primarily North and South American species. Guests won't want to miss our Amur tigers and leopards, Mexican and Red wolves, and Golden Lion tamarin. Other highlights include our Spider Monkey Habitat, the Natt Family Red Panda Habitat, the prairie dog exhibit with "pop-up" viewing areas, plus the Pampas Plains featuring maned wolves, Chacoan peccaries and Giant anteaters. Guests can grab a bite at the Peacock Café, eat in the Picnic Grove, and enjoy a ride on our colorful, indoor carousel. For more information, visit beardsleyzoo.org.