FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Let Sacred Heart University put you in the holiday spirit with its festive line-up of events. This year, there will be numerous instrumental and choral arrangements to showcase classic holiday favorites, as well as two tree lightings; one at each campus.
- Cherish the Ladies: Celtic Christmas: Come gather at the Edgerton Center for the Performing Arts on Sunday, December 1 at 4 p.m. to listen to the ladies signature mark on classic carols with arrangements that highlight the group’s unique Celtic instrumentation, beautiful harmonies and spectacular step dancing. For tickets, visit http://edgertoncenter.org/special_events.php.
- Grab your mittens and scarves on Monday, December 2, at 4:45 p.m. and join us around the Lower Quad Christmas tree as we light up the main campus with this annual tradition. Sing along to classic carols and indulge in complementary cookies and hot cocoa. Free admission.
- It will begin to look a lot like Christmas on December 4, at 5:30 p.m. on West Campus, the former global headquarters for General Electric, when Sacred Heart hosts its annual community tree lighting. Come visit Santa and join the community with favorite carols and free refreshments. Free admission.
- A Festive Event: Feel the holiday spirit on Friday, December 6, at 8 p.m. in the Edgerton Center for the Performing Arts when the Sacred Heart University orchestra presents its annual concert of classical and light music that will warm the audience’s heart with the spirit of the season. For tickets, visit http://edgertoncenter.org/band_program.php.
- A Christmas Choral Extravaganza: A Celebration of Joy: On Saturday, December 7, at 7:30 p.m.in the Edgerton Center for the Performing Arts, let the Sacred Heart University choral program lift your spirits with their festive and joyful selections to celebrate the holiday season. For tickets, visit http://edgertoncenter.org/choral_program.php.
- Holiday Voyage: On Sunday, December 8, at noon let the Sacred Heart University band grow your heart two sizes with their concert of holiday favorites, the traditional sing-along and a few other surprises. For tickets, visit http://edgertoncenter.org/band_program.php.
- A Christmas Carol in Concert with Kathleen Turner: Honor Christmas on Sunday, December 15, at 3 p.m. in the Chapel of the Holy Spirit as the New Haven Symphony Orchestra presents “A Christmas Carol in Concert” with special guest Kathleen Turner as Scrooge. For tickets visit, http://edgertoncenter.org/special_events.php.
About Sacred Heart University
As the second-largest independent Catholic university in New England, and one of the fastest-growing in the U.S., Sacred Heart University is a national leader in shaping higher education for the 21st century. SHU offers more than 80 undergraduate, graduate, doctoral and certificate programs on its Fairfield, Conn., campus. Sacred Heart also has satellites in Connecticut, Luxembourg and Ireland and offers online programs. More than 9,000 students attend the University’s eight colleges and schools: Arts & Sciences; Communication, Media & the Arts; Computer Science & Engineering; Social Work; Health Professions; the Isabelle Farrington College of Education; the Jack Welch College of Business & Technology; the Dr. Susan L. Davis, R.N., & Richard J. Henley College of Nursing; and St. Vincent’s College. Sacred Heart stands out from other Catholic institutions as it was established and led by laity. The contemporary Catholic university is rooted in the rich Catholic intellectual tradition and the liberal arts, and at the same time cultivates students to be forward thinkers who enact change—in their own lives, professions and in their communities. The Princeton Review includes SHU in its Best 385 Colleges–2020 Edition, “Best in the Northeast” and Best 252 Business Schools–2019 Edition. Sacred Heart is home to the award-winning, NPR-affiliated radio station, WSHU, a Division I athletics program and an impressive performing arts program that includes choir, band, dance and theater. www.sacredheart.edu