Westport, CT - Mark your calendar for The Westport Library Big Fall Book Sale, to be held Friday, December 1, through Monday, December 4, on the Library’s main level.
Once again this fall, the Book Sale offers something for everyone, with thousands of gently used books for children and adults in more than 50 categories of nonfiction and fiction, as well as noteworthy, vintage children’s and antiquarian books, vintage vinyl records, music CDs, and movie and television series DVDs, as well as a limited selection of ephemera and artwork.
The book sale hours, with free admission, are as follows:
Friday, December 1: 12-6 pm
Saturday, December 2: 9 am – 5 pm
Sunday, December 3: 11 am – 5 pm (almost everything half-price)
Monday, December 4: 9 am – 5 pm (“Bag Day” — shoppers can fill our logo bag for $10 per bag, or their own equivalent-sized bag for $8, or buy individual books at half-price)
On Friday morning, December 1, from 8:55 am to 12 pm, the Book Sale will be open only to patrons who purchase an Early Access ticket. Early Access tickets must be purchased in advance and are available online, through eventbrite.com. Click here to purchase early access tickets.
Of special interest for this sale:
- A large collection of books about chess strategies and players spanning the past century
- A collection of books by noted 18th century writer and poet Samuel Johnson, including a set of his complete works
- Books by noted biographer James Boswell
- A collection of books on ballet, some of them signed
- A sizable collection of books from the Library of America series, each in its own slipcase
- A huge assortment of jigsaw puzzles, at bargain prices
- Books for popular role playing games
- A broad selection of books on knitting and needle crafts
- A large collection of books examining climate change and environmental sciences
Also, back by popular demand is the Fiction for $1 Room — an entire conference room filled with hardcover fiction, mystery, science fiction and fantasy books, and young adult fiction, plus paperback novels, all offered at just $1 each. (Please note: The books in this room will remain priced at $1 each on Sunday’s half-price day.)
The Westport Library Book Sale is operated by Westport Book Sale Ventures, a nonprofit enterprise with a dual social mission: raise funds to support The Westport Library while providing meaningful employment for adults with disabilities.
About the Event:
Big Fall Book Sale
Friday, December 1 – Monday, December 4
Trefz Forum, Westport Library
Event listing: https://westportlibrary.org/event/big-fall-book-sale/
Early Access Registration link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/westport-library-big-fall-2023-book-sale-early-access-friday-dec-1st-tickets-750018083277