Fairfield, CT - Applications are currently being accepted for volunteers to join the Fairfield Commission on disAbilities, a new group established by the Town of Fairfield intended to promote the inclusion and integration of differently abled people in community activities, services, and employment opportunities. The mission of the Commission is to ensure that Fairfield is a welcoming community where people with disabilities can lead inclusive and fulfilling lives, contributing as active members of our town. If you are a self-advocate; caregiver; parents/family member; professional serving the disability community and other residents and would like to educate and advocate for people with disabilities in Fairfield, we need you.
Commission goals include creating a forum for community members to:
- Increase awareness about issues and opportunities affecting people with disabilities
- Advise town officials on policies, procedures, programs and services (including facilities)
- Provide information and guidance to individuals, businesses and organizations on matters related to disabilities
- Foster and promote a community dialogue with businesses, community organizations, clubs and associations
- Engage people with disabilities and their families, encouraging them to participate in town government and planning.
Visit the Fairfield Commission on disAbilities page to learn more: https://www.fairfieldct.org/commissiondisabilities, or, to apply, please visit the town of Fairfield’s Appointment Process page: https://fairfieldct.org/appointmentprocess.