CROMWELL, Conn. — On December 9, during its virtual Annual Meeting, Better Business Bureau Serving Connecticut (BBB) announced the winners of the 2021 Marketplace Excellence Awards. The BBB Marketplace Excellence Awards
highlight businesses that hold ethics as a core value in their day to day operations. The awards were open to all businesses in Connecticut, not just those Accredited by BBB.
2021 Marketplace Excellence Award Winners:
- Johnson Brunetti's philosophy is about helping others, including not only clients, but the communities they serve. Each year, they grant a wish for a local Make-A-Wish child, such as trips to Disney, Italy, California, and more. They sponsor a Holiday Luncheon for 200+ local Veterans, are the title sponsor of Camp Courant's yearly 5k race, and are also involved in Dress for Success, House of Heroes, hold food drives, award scholarships to graduating seniors and more. Most recently, they begin implementing a new program where each employee must donate 4 hours per quarter to a community service project the company is involved in.
- Chateau Rouge is a veteran, minority owned and operated HR management company focused on helping businesses and organizations grow by developing their most valuable asset - their people. They believe integrity, trust and resilience are key components of success for any organization. They are passionate about corporate social responsibility, and aiding communities they serve, and helping educate others on the importance of and their ability to do the same. They are dedicated to providing transparent, honest HR information to all.
- Star Strong Capital is a New Haven, CT-based small business lender offering creative and flexible debt solutions to diverse founder and management teams that have been underrepresented in the traditional capital markets. Star Strong Capital is mission-driven to equalize access to capital for unrecognized small businesses and the communities they serve. Our pending B-Corp Certification underscores that while we are a for-profit lender, our focus is on promoting positive social impact
- RTK Environmental Group is a Stamford based environmental testing service firm, providing services such as mold, asbestos, lead, bacteria, and indoor air quality testing to commercial and residential customers. In March of 2020, people began spending the bulk of their time at home. RTK began to notice a strong uptick in the number of calls from people with unexplained health symptoms. It seemed that because of RTK’s sustained educational outreach, callers began to wonder if many of their symptoms might have been a direct result of poor indoor air quality (IAQ). They responded to customer requests, and stepped up their educational campaign about the health risks of poor IAQ due to VOCs and mold. RTK continues to provide only environmental testing but never remediation, and the company continues to stress the importance of education and communication. RTK continues to innovate, educate, and has a genuine interest in the health and well-being of society overall.
- MDF Painting and Power Washing believes ethical marketing builds lasting customer relationships based on shared values and goals, which is why they choose to use honest techniques to attract people who can genuinely benefit from their services. Instead of focusing on making a quick sale, they believe in making strong connections with customers - beginning with education. Their campaigns employ transparent information presented through through their website, social media and direct communications. They have also found value in relating their ethics and values by showing potential clients various community projects and socially conscious opportunities they are involved with a dedicated page on their website. Overall, they strive to build long lasting, trusting customer relationships based on shared values.
You can watch individual videos featuring our 2021 Award Winners, and a recording of our 2021 BBB Annual Meeting & Awards Ceremony on our YouTube channel.