Heat Advisory Issued by NOAA
The highest heat indices will occur from late morning through early evening each day Tuesday and Wednesday. The heat advisory might need to be extended into Thursday for at least portions of the Tri-State, most likely across NYC, northeast New Jersey and portions of the Lower Hudson Valley and Western Long Island.
- Max Temperatures of around 90 to the mid 90s Tuesday and Wednesday, then mid 80s to around 90 Thursday.
- Max Heat Indices of 95-104 F Tuesday and Wednesday, then the mid 90s on Thursday.Impacts:
- The heat and humidity may cause heat stress during outdoor exertion or extended exposure.
- Extreme heat can cause illness and death among the at-risk population who can not stay cool.
- Seniors, infants, and those with chronic health problems or mental health conditions are at an increased risk from the heat.
Visit NOAA online here for additional information.