As excitement builds for the upcoming Gifts of Love “Fall in Love” gala, so too does the crucial need for corporate sponsors. After a three year hiatus, the nonprofit organization’s annual fundraiser resumes on Friday, Nov. 3, 2023 from 6:30 to 10:30 p.m. at the Farmington Gardens banquet hall, located at 999 Farmington Avenue in Farmington, Conn. with fun activities and entertainment to appeal to everyone.
All proceeds will benefit the organization that is dedicated to assisting local residents with vital, basic needs. Each month, an average of 240 clients, representing over 1,300 household members, visit the Gifts of Love’s Avon and Hartford offices to shop for fresh food, clothing, and household items.
“We are so grateful to American Eagle Federal Credit Union and Garrity Asphalt Reclaimers for their generous support,” says Lisa Gray, Executive Director of Gifts of Love. “We can’t thank them enough for investing in our vision to make this our top fundraising event of the year.”
“An event sponsorship level starts as low as $250 in order for local, small businesses to show their investment in the community,” explains Gray. “Since Gifts of Love serves 41 towns across the state, this a cost effective way to get your company name in front of a larger audience while aligning with a respected charity.”
Gray notes that Gifts of Love clients include an overlooked population who are above the federal poverty level and, therefore, not eligible for supplemental programs. In 2022, Gifts of Love served nearly 1,400 household members throughout Greater Hartford, and stretched as far northeast as Vernon, as far south as Wallingford, and as far west as Waterbury. Additionally in 2022, the organization:
- Provided over 40 boxes of food to seniors 62 and over through the Commodity Supplemental Food Program
- Served 75 to 100 people through their mobile food distribution sites every other Tuesday
- Provided 242 clients and their families with all the fixings to prepare a Thanksgiving meal
- Filled over 300 backpacks each week with meals, snacks, and drinks for students throughout the Greater Hartford area and Torrington who receive free or reduced-cost lunches to help feed them and their families through the weekend
- Administered the CT Operation Fuel program for residents of the Farmington Valley, providing emergency assistance of up to $1,000 to residents struggling to pay their energy and utility bills
- Opened its annual Holiday Shoppe in December, allowing 247 client families to receive gift cards and shop for new toys and other gifts
Gray notes that attendees of the “Fall in Love” gala will enjoy music provided by a professional DJ, dancing, magic show, photo booth, trivia, live auction, wine pull and mixology demos and specialty cocktails.
Individual tickets are $125 and tables of 10 cost $1,250. Both can be purchased in advance at https://giftsoflovect.org/benefitforgiftsoflove/.
“All 300 seats at our highly anticipated fall event are expected to sell out!” adds Gray. “Now more than ever, we rely upon the generosity and compassion of Connecticut businesses and residents to directly help their neighbors.”
About Gifts of Love
For more than 30 years, Gifts of Love helps meet the basic needs of individuals and families in the Greater Hartford area experiencing short-term financial crises so they can return to self-sufficiency and regain independence. The non-profit provides food, clothing and household necessities, as well as short-term programs and education. Most importantly, Gifts of Love provides a sense of hope to those in search of a better future. For more information visit https://giftsoflovect.org/.
PHOTO: Gifts of Love is calling on businesses, organizations and individuals to sponsor its “Fall in Love” gala on Nov. 3, 2023 from 6:30 to 10:30 p.m. at Farmington Gardens in Farmington, Conn. All proceeds will benefit the non-profit organization that is dedicated to assisting residents across the state with vital, basic needs.
Photo Credit: Gifts of Love