Aquiline Drones (AD), a full-service commercial drone solutions company in downtown Hartford, has always prided itself on its advanced aviation experience. Founder and CEO Barry Alexander enjoyed over 25 years as an airline pilot, mainly as a Captain with his most recent assignment flying the massive Boeing 747 aircraft around the globe. Now, to keep up with the demand of anticipated summer travel plans for Connecticut individuals, couples and families, Aquiline Drones today announced the expansion of its AD Airlines division into private chartered flight service from Brainard Airport to several local island destinations, including Martha’s Vineyard, Block Island, Nantucket Island and Long Island, starting in June.
Specifically, AD Airlines, in collaboration with “My Vineyard Concierge” has started early bookings for private, daylong excursions for golfing, fishing, day-at-the-beach and sailing experiences on Martha’s Vineyard, Block Island, Nantucket and Long Island. Each all-inclusive package comes complete with pick-up and drop off, shuttle service upon arrival, primary excursion activity, to then conclude with a delicious dinner before a short and safe flight back to Hartford area airports.
“With mask mandates being lifted, and a staggering demand for outdoor activity, most Americans are seeking quicker and safer getaway options - even for a day!” said Tom Keck, AD Airlines Director of Operations. “AD Airlines is able to fly into a variety of smaller airports to create the ultimate daytrip for young and old passengers alike, without exposing them to crowds.”
Besides individual chartered flights, AD Airlines plans on offering complete daytrip packages weekly that will include pick-up from one designated location and transportation to Hartford Brainard Airport. Guests can enjoy a variety of exciting experiences including golf, fishing, sailing, and dining on each island destination. At the end of their adventure, AD Airlines will return passengers back to their centralized location.
Thus far, AD Airlines has developed eight distinct Martha’s Vineyard packages designed for men, women, couples and families.
Highlights of each are below:
- Private Charter Boat - four hours of fishing, bar hopping at Oak Bluffs Harbor or Edgartown Harbor, access to Mansion House Gym and Spa, dinner at Beach Road, Garde East or LaSophitta Restaurants, return to airport.
- Alpaca Farm - private walk with an alpaca, picnic lunch, visit to the Flying Horse Carousel in Oak Bluffs, photo shoot at the Gingerbread Cottages, beach time at Jaws Bridge, access to Mansion House Gym and Spa, dinner at Vineyard Haven, return to airport.
- Shopping at Vineyard Haven & Edgartown - coffee at Nat’s Nook, stroll through Vineyard Haven and Edgartown shops and galleries, access to Mansion House Gym and Spa, dinner at Vineyard Haven, return to airport
- Sailing - late morning pastry picnic provided by the Scottish bakehouse, board dinghy to private boat, 3-hour sailing experience with boxed lunch, snacks, charcuterie and fresh fruit boards, wine and soft drinks, access to Mansion House Gym and Spa, special garden dinner, return to airport.
- Oyster Farm Tour - board motorboat and tour oyster farm for 1.5 hours, enjoy freshly shucked oysters and Mimosas. Return dock side where you will walk to a lovely lunch place close by. Enjoy beach time, access to Mansion House Gym and Spa, dinner at very nice restaurant, return to airport.
- Organic Dairy Farm Tour & Tasting - a 2.5-hour private tour of Grey Barn in Chilmark, deluxe private cheese tasting with gourmet meats, fresh baked bread and wine, visit to Alley’s General Store for coffee, walk to Field Gallery to stroll through famous sculpture garden, arrive to Vineyard Haven to visit Main Street shops and galleries, access to Mansion House Gym and Spa, dinner at Sweet Life in Oak Bluffs under a twinkle light tent, return to airport
- Art Lovers Day (Sundays only) - tour of the famous Gay Head Lighthouse in Clay Cliffs, tour of the Aquinnah Lighthouse, visit Native American gift and craft shops, lobster roll and chowder lunch overlooking the ocean, arrive at Kara Taylor Gallery for a wine reception followed by a visit to the Field Gallery in West Tisbury, ending with a trip to the historic Granary Gallery, dinner at Chilmark Tavern, return to airport.
- Beach Road Concert Festival (August 26-28) - arrive at daylong festival with beach blankets, lunch and dinner vouchers for food vendors, access to Mansion House Gym and Spa, return to airport.
The formation of AD Airlines was the recent culmination of an extensive two-year effort, in which the company was awarded an Air Carrier Certificate by The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) on September 16, 2021. Within two short months, the airline was booming with business, flying customers who desired a cost-effective and convenient way to reach their end places on time and within budget up and down the East Coast.
“With safety at the core of our framework, combined with the exceptional speed and flexibility of our manned aircraft, we are poised to usher in the ultimate luxury experience, ideal in our post-pandemic existence. This has been a long time coming and we are now free to live our lives again,” said David Russo, AD Airlines Chief Pilot - a military vet and veteran airline Captain. “Additionally, we bring 300-plus years of aviation knowledge to our new private charter offerings.”
About Aquiline Drones
Aquiline Drones Corporation (AD) is a progressive American drone manufacturer and cloud solutions company located in the financial district of Hartford, Connecticut. Through Aquiline Drones Indemnity Corporation, the company insures its continuum of products and services, as well as those of its partners and affiliates. Founded by CEO Barry Alexander, AD's core management comprises highly experienced aviators, systems engineers, IT gurus, military personnel (including veterans), and business strategists. AD delivers a vertically integrated blend of products and services. These include an aviation cloud for commercial drones, U.S.-based drone manufacturing, drone "maintenance-repair-overhaul" (MRO) services, unmanned aerial systems (UAS) solutions for large enterprises and governments, a superior line of Spartacus drone products, a robust UAS training academy, and the country's first 'drone-on-demand' service enabling customers to order drone services through a proprietary mobile app. AD's full spectrum of technological solutions is widely applicable across countless industries and environments for superior, real-time data processing and insights. Visit www.AquilineDrones.com for more information.