You are invited to the Grand Opening of the John Jay Community Trail on Saturday, April 2nd from 4 – 6pm at the “Clocktower Commons” (outside of Green Way Market at Orchard Square Shopping Center) in Cross River, NY.
- We plan to serve burgers, hot dogs, snacks, bagels, donuts, chips & salsa, water, soft drinks, and a keg donated by Captain Lawrence Brewery.
- We are open to food and drink donations and we will be purchasing supplies as needed for the event.
- Volunteers, donors, and sponsors have supported the development of the JJTrail on the John Jay Campus since 2015. At long last, the complete course is nearly finished and is ready for the official unveiling.
- This Grand Opening Celebration is the evening before the John Jay Community Trail Races (click here to sign up!), which includes a 5k and a 4k walk on the trail, plus a 200 meter Kids Jay Dash on the John Jay track. (Registration for the race is separate from this and can be found at the link above.)
- Green Way Markets is hosting in front of their store. Thank you to Green Way who have been supporters and sponsors of the trail and race since they opened the store!
- Come out for this big FREE thank you event to the community!
We want to get an idea of how many people are coming. RSVP-ing is FREE as is the event. But we don’t want to run out of food! Sign up here!
Visit jjtrail.org for more information.