October 14 Voter Registration Deadline for Presidential Election
New Changes to New York State’s Online Registration Service Make Registering to Vote Easier Than Ever!
New Yorkers must register to vote by October 14 in order to cast ballots in the upcoming presidential election on Tuesday, November 8. New Yorkers looking to register to vote, or to change their enrollment information, can do so easily by using the state's online voter registration service on the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles' website.
Since its Launch, DMV Online System Has Processed More Than 467,000 Voter Registration Applications, 182,500 for First-Time Voters
To register to vote, a New Yorker must:
- Be a United States citizen.
- Be 18 years old by December 31 of the year in which you submit the form (note: you must be 18 years old by the date of the general, primary or other election in which you want to vote).
- Live at their present address at least 30 days before an election.
- Not be in prison or on parole for a felony conviction.
- Not be adjudged mentally incompetent by a court.
- Not claim the right to vote elsewhere.