Aquarion Water wants you to help them find and recognize Connecticut's top environmental volunteers.
“Think of a person, non-profit, or company who has made a real difference to our environment. It could be through a volunteer effort to protect our water sources. improve air quality. safeguard land, or improve wildlife habitat,” says Aquarion. Self-nominations are welcome!
Aquarion will announce the winners on June 1, 2019 at a celebratory event at Connecticut's Beardsley Zoo.”U.S Senator Richard Blumenthal and other dignitaries will be on hand to honor the winners,” says Aquarion.
More about the contest from Aquarion Water
New award category for outstanding environmental communications (traditional or digital media)
If you know of an individual or organization who has used traditional or digital media to help protect, report or create awareness about our natural resources by informing the public through their communication efforts, please nominate them today.
- Communications (Category open to individuals and organizations): $2500 grant to the environmental non-profit of the winner's choice
- Adult, small and large business, and non-profit: $2500 grant to the environmental non-profit of each winner’s choice
- Student (Grade 9-12): $1000 award
Awards will be given to volunteer projects that excel at:
- Significantly contributing to the improvement of environmental quality through the protection, conservation, restoration, communication and/or stewardship of natural resources:
- Plant and wildlife communities
- Demonstrating a high achievement level
- Creating sustainable or reproducible results
Any nominated program must have been in place for at least one year prior to submission, with the exception of a student nomination, which may have been proposed as a school project within the previous 90 days.
All nominations must be received via Aquarion’s website or through the mail by May 1, 2019.
*Image courtesy Aquarion Water